- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 4 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible, for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, gingko biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Worst, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAID’s have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that period.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let your provider know, we may be able to place you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good meal, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- We will not perform injections if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Wait 4 weeks after your second COVID-19 vaccine before injections
Filler and Botox post treatment instructions
Post Treatment Botox
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following your treatment. Do NOT receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing a drooping eyelid.
- If the desired result is not seen after 14 days of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You will be charged for additional product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not migrating elsewhere.
Post Treatment Instructions Dermal Filler
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by the provider.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for 24 hours
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour
- Use Tylenol for discomfort
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling
- Swelling is generally most noticeable 1 or 2 days after the procedure. Sleep with an extra pillow to minimize this. Although you may feel some bumps or ﬁrmness in the area treated, the material will soften over a few weeks. If there is a visible bump or irregularity that persists beyond 14 days post-treatment, please call the oﬃce.
Notify us immediately at 503-692-7222 if you have excessive swelling, significant pain (mild tenderness is normal), blotchy bluish or dark red discoloration in any area, severe bruising, or if any crust, scab or rash develops.
Tummy Tuck Instructions
Many tummy tuck patients have found a powered recliner chair very helpful in the first few weeks postop. We have found that McCann’s Medical is a great resource for this at a very low price.
Find them here: https://mccannsmedical.com/product/lift-chair-rental/
More information coming soon! Please contact our office at 503-692-7222 to receive additional Tummy Tuck aftercare instructions.
Please contact our office at 503-692-7222 to receive aftercare instructions for additional procedures.
More information coming soon!